From Knowledge Creation to Value Creation
TTBE’s Mission: To provide services to the University of Ottawa research community that increase the impact of research through the creation of strategic partnerships that foster innovation and facilitate technology development and commercialization.
The Technology Transfer and Business Enterprise (TTBE) office provides a number of services to University of Ottawa researchers and helps to contract research and technology development sponsors through six major activities:
- Facilitation of contract research;
- Development of new collaborative research opportunities;
- Disclosure and evaluation of research discoveries;
- Protection of research discoveries and intellectual property;
- Transfer of research discoveries to partners;
- Development of commercialization opportunities for research discoveries.
TTBE works closely with other office of VP Research services, including: Research Management Services (RMS); Strategic Development Initiatives (SDI) and Research Chairs, Centres and Awards (RCCA) to provide research support to University of Ottawa faculties.